[alfa] Reference point transmitter and flywheel question

Hi,

Can someone explain to me exactly how the reference point transmitter and the rev transmitter work in conjunction with the flywheel (on an 86 Spider)? I'm trying to debug whether I installed the flywheel incorrectly (even though I put ref marks on it before I took it off). What exactly do the transmitters key off of? The only thing I can see on the flywheel for the ref point one are some holes cut in the side of the flywheel? And for the rev trans does it sense the teeth on the flywheel going by?

Also, how do you tell the two sensors apart so I can make sure I installed them in the correct locations on the bell housing?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

86 Spider